Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year Everyone!


I hope all of you are having a wonderful start to your new year. It is exciting to feel like we are starting on a fresh slate, trying new ideas for our work or just putting the past year behind us!

Our website did pretty well this Christmas so that was great. It has taken some time for it to get going. I am always looking for tips and ideas from other craftsmen and artists on what I can do to make that better.

We are trying to schedule our shows for the next year also. Some I need to get rid of and try some new ones. It seems like the smaller local ones, with lower costs, are starting to become more appealing. The big arenas charge so much of an entry fee to the customer, that they just don't want to pay it.

I am also more interesting in doing wholesale. We have few stores that we are providing our artwork for and that is very exciting. I am not yet ready to do the big wholesale shows though, and like to go out and meet the store owner myself. Also that way I am able to pick and choose where it goes.
We did our usual New Years Bash at the ski slope on New Years Eve. My kids ski and snowboard, and my daughter is an instructor at one of the local slopes. We had taken my daughter to this event for several years, but only started skiing ourselves over the last 2 years. It is so much fun and I enjoy it, even though I am usually flat on the ground several times during the evening! LOL So my kids thought I should learn to snowboard. Now that is quite different from the usual skiing but I did try it, with lots of help, and I am thinking this might work for me!

Thanks so much for the nice comments from all of you! I am new to blogging and I enjoy feed back and advice from everyone! Now that the mall is almost done, we are there til the 10th, I will be able to get more involved here!

Happy New Year!


1 comment:

Audrey said...

Please come to my blog!! I have an award for you!!